MASTER THE ART OF PACKING
Haw-San Au-Yong, founder of Edits Inc. shows you tips on how to stay organised and pack effortlessly for your holiday trip.
Step-by-step guide to packing with San
1. Planning makes everything easier! Before you start packing, make a list to ensure that you won’t leave anything out. San wisely advises, “I love using Evernote. Do it once, and you’ll never need to do it again. Packing without a list is a no-no.”
2. Here’s the fun part – deciding what to wear on vacay for your perfect #OOTD shots. Mix and match your outfits to see what works best. Select double duty pieces to save some luggage space. Fold your clothes using the super simple Samurai fold. “Forget those super complicated folding or packing methods, I can think of better ways to spend my time on a holiday.”
3. Then, compartmentalise your clothing into separate travel storage bags. Depending on your outfits, you should separate them either by day or type of clothing so that you can quickly locate the items when you need them.
4. Decant your toiletries and skin care into travel-friendly bottles so you don’t have to lug so much excess weight. This process is simple and quick, so don’t skip this. San exclaimed “If I ever leave my La Mer moisturiser behind at a hotel, at least I won’t scream since it’s just a small decanted bottle!”
5. Don’t forget the shoes! The right kicks can make or break your outfit, so bring a few pairs with you to switch your looks around. With shoes, we know how frustrating it can be to pack all our favourites into a 22” luggage. With these game-changing foldable flats, why not bring as many as you like? Simply fold these lightweight ballet pumps into their storage pouches, and arrange them into anyempty pockets of space within your luggage so that everything is secure and compact.
6. Voilà – close your luggage and you’re all set! On the trip though, it takes discipline for you to remember the second R – that is, to Replace items that you’ve taken out of your luggage once you’re done with them. That outfit from yesterday? The swimsuit that you no longer need? Pack it back where it came from! That will allow you to Reset and get out of the hotel in under three minutes easy peasy. Now that wasn’t too bad, was it?